Garlic-Dill Cucumber Pickles
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 1 quart
- 4-5 pickling cucumbers or 15-20 gherkins
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill snipped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 4 Tablespoons whey if not available, use an additional 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-2 grape leaves or oak leaves, cleaned
- 1 cup filtered water
Wash cucumbers well and place in a quart-sized wide mouth jar.
Combine remaining ingredients and pour over cucumbers, adding more water if necessary to cover the cucumbers. The top of the liquid should be at least 1 inch below the top of the jar.
Cover tightly and keep and keep at room temperature for about 3 days before transferring to cold storage.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7019mg | Potassium: 1632mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1825IU | Vitamin C: 40.3mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 2.6mg