Tangy Quinoa Spring Salad Cups
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar +1 teaspoon
- 1 small clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 English cucumber washed
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 ripe Ataulfo mango
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 8-10 young radishes
- 6 red cabbage leaves for presentation (optional
For the vinaigrette: Whisk together orange juice, red wine vinegar and crushed garlic. Drizzle in the olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, black beans and cilantro. Add 2 Tablespoons of the vinaigrette and mix well.
Cut the cucumber into small chunks. Thinly slice the jalapeno, discarding the seeds.
Peel the mango, slice on either side of the seed, then cut into 1 cm cubes. Cut the avocado in half, remove pit, peel, and cut into 1 cm cubes. Thinly slice the radishes.
In another medium bowl, combine cucumber, jalapeno, mango and radishes. Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons vinaigrette and mix well. Add in cubed avocado and toss gently.
Divide quinoa mixture among the red cabbage leaves. Top with a generous helping of the tangy spring mango-avocado salad. Finish with a little more orange vinaigrette. Enjoy at once.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 831mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1205IU | Vitamin C: 60.5mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 3.8mg