Bloody Caesar Shrimp Salad
Sweet and tangy, this salad is great for summer evenings, paired with a Bloody Caesar, of course.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 3/4 cup Clamato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 dashes hot sauce (I used Tabasco)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 380 grams wild caught shrimp cooked and cold
- 2 heaping cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 ribs celery inner stalks
- 1/2 cup celery leaves loosely packed
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves loosely packed
In a medium bowl, whisk together Clamato juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, lime juice, celery salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Tumble in shrimp and cherry tomatoes. Cut celery into 1/4 inch slices and add to the bowl.
Stir the shrimp and vegetables in the marinade until well coated. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Drain off the Clamato liquid and reserve for a cocktail. Toss celery and parsley leaves into the salad and heap onto a serving plate. Garnish with a squeeze of lime and serve at once.
For the drink, add the marinade to a cocktail shaker along with 2 shots of vodka and plenty of ice. Shake well, then divide between two highball glasses. Garnish with more ice, a stick of celery and a wedge of lime. Enjoy!
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 239mg | Sodium: 954mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 900IU | Vitamin C: 16.8mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 2.7mg