BLT (Bacon, Lentil & Tomato) Salad
A hearty summer salad, fresh and full of fibre. This dish can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked beluga or French green lentils
- 3 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 Tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas
- 2 fried eggs optional
Combine dijon, lemon juice, olive oil and seasonings in a small mason jar. Cover and shake until combined.
In a medium bowl, combine lentils, bacon, cherry tomatoes and chopped parsley. Pour over the vinaigrette and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Heap the salad on a serving platter and garnish with roasted chickpeas.
Finish with two fried egg, if desired.