Tomato Peach Caprese with Blueberries
A simple and seasonal salad that can be made in advance and is easy to scale up for a crowd. Switch out the thyme for basil, if you like, and feel free to use any tomatoes you have on hand.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves packed, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 small clove of garlic chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes of all colours
- 2 medium peaches firm and ripe
- 250 g fresh mozzarella or buffalo mozzarella
- 1 handful wild blueberries optional
In a small mortar and pestle, grind thyme and salt together until it is a dark green paste. Add garlic and pulverize again until smooth. Drizzle in lemon juice and olive oil and mix to combine. Finish the dressing by sprinkling with the black pepper.
Slice cherry tomatoes in half. Slice the peaches into 1/2 moon wedges. Toss both tomatoes and peaches with 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a medium bowl. Arrange the fruits on a large rimmed platter.
Tear apart the fresh mozzarella into eight or ten pieces and arrange it on and around the tomatoes. Sprinkle a handful of wild blueberries over the top.
Drizzle salad with remaining dressing and top with more fresh thyme leaves, if desired. Serve at room temperature.